Our ethos is deeply rooted within one ideal.
All pupils must experience the opportunity to develop a deep sense of personal-worth and confidence.
We strive to guide each pupil’s personal development to enable their growth as successful, independent citizens within a global community and to provide an enriching educational experience through the integration of The Arts across the curriculum.
Our aims are linked to the Every Child Matters agenda.
- All pupils have a safe and appropriate environment that meets their emotional, social, spiritual and physical needs.
- The boundaries of behaviour are clearly defined, understood and respected by staff and pupils. These boundaries are based on trust, acceptance and manual support.
- To provide an inclusive school experience built on principles that are the foundations for a healthy lifestyle.
- Educate pupils to make informed, knowledgeable and balanced lifestyle choices.
Enjoy and Achieve
- To provide all pupils with equal access to an appropriate personalised curriculum that meets their individual needs.
- To use assessment and target setting as tools to secure an appropriate learning experience for each pupil.
- To encourage all pupils to contribute to the school community in a positive manner.
- To actively involve all pupils in the decision making processes within the school and promote the exercise of personal choice.
- To acknowledge the positive contributions of our staff and pupils at every opportunity.
Active Economic Wellbeing
- To encourage pupils to develop an awareness of themselves as individuals.
- To develop pupils’ independent aspirations as they journey through school towards adulthood and move on from a learning community to an adult living environment.
- To encourage pupils to understand and participate in the school, local and wider community.
- To develop an awareness and appreciation of diversities within the global community and their role within it.
- To support the development of skills which will enable pupils to achieve personal goals and thrive within a global community.