The inspirational executive head teacher and her very strong senior leadership team are never content, but are constantly striving to improve the school even further.
“Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.” – Roger Bacon
Learning a foreign language gives a unique experience to pupils –
• They get a head start on learning other languages such as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian
• It takes pupils out of their own English environment and allows them to explore the life-style and culture of another land.
• French opens the door to art, music, fashion, food, architecture and literature
• It gives an added dimension to understanding the importance of making themselves understood and to becoming communicative people.
• It increases pupils’ sensitivity to the sounds and rhythms of language and helps to reinforce their own learning. It also helps to build self-esteem and self-confidence.
“I love pretty much everything about French. The vocabulary, the grammar, the pronunciation and the culture embedded in the language. It’s no wonder it’s so highly regarded as a beautiful language even though it may not be as commonly spoken as English. I want to learn as many languages as I can and they are all unique and beautiful in their own way, but I know that French will always be my first love.” – Emily de Beer